Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I so carefully labeled every nut, bolt and part I removed I somehow missed one! It's a 10mm x 40mm bolt with what looks to be red threadlocker left over. I've gotten to the point of installing the new timing belt, and have put the old timing belt covers back on. I cannot figure out where this little bolt goes! I seems to remember taking it off around the same time I took the rear timing cover off, and in the same area...but can't figure it out. Any know where this little guy should go?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found it! It went on the engine block just under the water pump - it didn't need to be removed for timing belt. I had removed it accidentally and guess I didn't put it back right after i did (like I should have). Too bad I had almost everything buttoned up when I realized it :( but really glad I found it. I'm now a pro at installing a new timing belt as I've done it three times on this one change! :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
2004 timing belt

Good Luck ajaake...

Let us know how it goes...

I am looking at doing this in the next few weeks, and trying to gather as much info as I can...

I think I am doing Timing Belt/tensioner/Water Pump, spark plugs, valve clearance check/adjust and maybe motor mounts, all by myself...

My dealer wants $1300! for the 105K service, not including motor mounts/labor or TB tensioner ( the Parts Department counterman told me that Mounts are usually suspect/bad at 100K (originals)...

·
Registered
2011 Odyssey LX, 120k miles
1,830 Posts
I've got a Blue Point (I think) version of that tool. Am in the SF bay area if anyone wants to borrow it. Free, just leave a deposit. PM if interested. It's kind of a waste to have a nice tool like that just sitting in storage for years at a time.

My second run at the TB is coming up in about a year. After the first one, I figured I could do the same thing again in 1/3 the time now that I knew all the tricks. I just hope I remember some of them. Probably closer to 1/2 or 2/3 by now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts