Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Ody with 61k miles on it. I just purchased a transmission filter for this round of flush and fill and decided to change the filter this time around. Does anyone know where the filter is located on the van?

At a loss.

Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that thread, but the filter I purchased looks nothing like that one in the thread. The filter in thread is similar ot an oil filter, the one I purhcased is a flat metal housing. I will take a picture of it and post it later.

Anthony

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
at2004ODY said:
....the one I purhcased is a flat metal housing. I will take a picture of it and post it later.....
Tony, please post a pic. The 2004 OEM ATF filter is the one in the pic posted by New Dad, so the flat profile sold to you would be incorrect for this application.

However, it might be the one that is used inside the A/T, and that one is not user-serviceable without removing and disassembling the A/T.

The OEM canister filter with male threaded end and o-ring fitting end opposite is p/n 25450-P7W-003, and the small o-ring for the fitting with the hex head end is p/n 91301-P7W-003 (I have some spares sitting in my rollaway, and retrieved them to get the p/n's).

OF

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Tony, although designated as a "filter" in the online parts menus, that item you purchased is actually an internal strainer attached to the valve body of your transmission. It only catches large stuff, and it can only be replaced by major disassembly (removing the tranny and splitting the case). That one in your pics is not the "user replaceable" unit.

You need the one with the p/n's I mentioned, that looks like the one in New Dad's posted links. I'd return that internal strainer for a refund.

Best regards,

OF

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The atf filter is not that easy to change, at least on my 03. Before you order one, read up on what it takes to change it.
Quite a few of the posters here install a MagneFine filter (pretty easy to do) and some also install an aux atf cooler at the same time.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The atf filter is not that easy to change, at least on my 03. Before you order one, read up on what it takes to change it.
Changing that OEM filter is highly recommended in this forum. I still haven't changed mine, but I am planning on doing it this early summer.
Quite a few of the posters here also install a MagneFine filter (pretty easy to do) and some also install an aux atf cooler at the same time. .
Buffalo4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts