Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the drivers side wiper slides to the top of the cycle it makes a loud noise as it reverses to the down slide. After driving in the rain for a while the noise is really irritating. Sounds like the wiper is sticking and then gets loose - no sticking substance on the windshield. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
For $6-7 I would get a new wiper insert from the dealer. It is the wiper blade that is making the noise right?

FWIW, I replace all 3 wiper blade inserts each spring at the dealer for $15-20 in total.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Normal. The blade is quite long and has a fair amount of tension on it.
Options?
1) Move to Phoenix and never hear the noise again
2) Sell the van to me at a huge discount.
3) Keep it and enoy the quirks of Ody ownership

Welcome and do as NDNV suggested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. Here is the solution. I had replaced the original wiper blades from a local Auto Store. Bad Move! Purchased and installed new wiper blades from Honda and the problem is solved. I will stick with these now and just replace the rubber blades.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks everyone. Here is the solution. I had replaced the original wiper blades from a local Auto Store. Bad Move! Purchased and installed new wiper blades from Honda and the problem is solved. I will stick with these now and just replace the rubber blades.
:DD OEM rubber inserts cost about $11 with tax per front pair for our 2004-- they work very well and last between 1-2 years here in SoCal.
We've also used "narrow refill" blade inserts from Anco, etc., which seemed to work fine on the OEM blades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts