Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I purchased a 2005 EX-L and the seats have been touched up. From past experience, I know this kind of patch work doesn't last for very long. So I've been trying to plan ahead for when they do start to deteriorate. The only thing I've been able to find are the Katz leather replacement kits or competitors of the like. However, you have to drop almost a grand on the kit and then God only knows how much to have it installed.

What are the options out there for us owners? And can the middle row be modded to replace the driver and front passenger seats?

Thanks and have a great day!

Mike

·
Registered
854 Posts
Quality upholestry repair tends to be pricey however done.

Suggest you check a Honda parts catalogue to see if the front and rear seat covers are interchangeable.

I had the lower seat cover (driver's seat) replaced under warranty on my wife's '05 Pilot and the part alone was over $500.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I'd shoot for a junkyard if it was me. I've bought entire cloth bucket seats (frame and everything) for $150 a piece. I'm sure leather will be more but maybe you'll only have to buy the onc piece that's been repaired.

·
Registered
516 Posts
dochlywd said:
Hi,

I purchased a 2005 EX-L and the seats have been touched up. From past experience, I know this kind of patch work doesn't last for very long. So I've been trying to plan ahead for when they do start to deteriorate. The only thing I've been able to find are the Katz leather replacement kits or competitors of the like. However, you have to drop almost a grand on the kit and then God only knows how much to have it installed.

What are the options out there for us owners? And can the middle row be modded to replace the driver and front passenger seats?

Thanks and have a great day!

Mike
i don't think it would be cheap do mod the rear seat for the front since they are quite different, with sensors, power motors, airbags, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts