Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 25,000 miles on Bosch Iridiums since replacing my plugs. I haven't been monitoring mileage too closely but I think I'm getting less MPG then before I changed the plugs.

How sensitive are Odys with spark plugs? The van seems to run ok but is there advice and/or experience people have on whether it's best to stick with OEM NGK brand?

I tried to search but couldn't find much on this topic. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used OEM plugs. Generally a spark plug (if the right gapping) should not materially effect mpg. If it did, youd have noticed right away. I think (1) its winter gas or (2) you have some other issue

·
Registered
176 Posts
Remove the Bosch ............. I've seen nothing but missfires with them in anything but BMW, VW and Volvo's.

Honda = NGK , in a pinch Champion

Al

·
Registered
315 Posts
another vote for NGK plugs

I have had nothing but trouble with Bosch plugs over the years, but NGKs run great in all my Japanese imports.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes definitely the NGK's. The Bosch are okay, but the NGK are definitely better (so I have read). I had a "know it all" at Advance Auto Parts try to tell me that the factory OEM was Denso.......
I promptly handed him my NGK and said that is what I wanted. He then went on to tell me that Denso was the "fall back OEM part" for when NGK wasn't able to keep up with demand.

I said, "okay. I need 6 NGK's please." lol

I have read too many things about the Bosch not being on par, but no personal experience myself.
§

1 - 6 of 6 Posts