Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my heat on is the A/C off? The reason why I ask is because it sounds as if my A/C compressor goes on when I put the heat on. What I tried is hitting the A/C button once and the display says "A/C Off". Does this mean that every time I turn the heat on I have to turn the A/C off too?

I read the owner's manual and it seems very vague and doesn't really answer my question. Please help.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hope this isn't a stupid question. I am not completely car savvy but I have done some major work to cars I have previously owned but I am just concerned because why do I have to hit the A/C button for the display to state A/C Off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
By default the AC is on. You have to press the AC button once to turn it off. The AC is disengaged when the display reads "AC OFF", otherwise the ody will automatically engage/disengage the AC (compressor, I think).

I just set my temp, hit AUTO, then hit AC (to turn if off).

There was a good thread about how the 3rd Gen Ody climate control works - try searching. It essentially said the Ody is built to manage the interior using the climate control. Normal/expected use is to just hit Auto and set the temp - let the van determine when AC is engaged or not. From here you can override various things ... i.e if you want to control air flow, you can hit the mode button and the van will no longer control where the air comes from, but use what you set; if you adjust the fan speed, the van will no longer adjust the fan speed based on temp, it will use what you set, etc.

That's how I use it on my ody.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you have the heat on and defrost the A/C is also on as it "dries" the interior getting rid of the "fog" on your windows.

You can't turn off the A/C in defrost mode, only other modes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts