Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

All of my power windows stopped working the other day, and upon checking the fuses under the hood and on the inside fuse panel, all of the fuses were all good. So, the next step seemed to be to check or replace the Power Window Relay, which is supposed to be located ABOVE the fuses in the inside fuse panel, and BEHIND the driver's-side kick panel. However, try as I might, I simply CANNOT figure out HOW to remove this kick panel, nor have I been able to find any instructions online anywhere, as to how to get this panel out. Anybody know how to do this? (Of course, if a new Relay doesn't do the trick, then replacing the Power Window Master Switch in the driver's door will probably be the next step, and yet another headache to look forward to :) ).

Thanks,
Charles

·
Registered
940 Posts
?
Something in your URL doesn't work for me, JackRabbit!
'The previous page is sending you to an invalid url. '

edit- ah yes, the pdf link works better!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, wow, thanks a bunch Jackrabbit, that was EXACTLY what I needed, and I appreciate it very much! :)

Thanks,
Charles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jackrabbit,
Yes, it worked for ME, although, I had clicked on the link in the email I got from OdyClub, and not here on this forum page. Anyway, thanks again!
Charles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Jackrabbit,

Well, here's an update, re: the power windows not working, in my 2005 Honda Odyssey LX....all the fuses were okay, so, checking and/or replacing the power window relay seemed to be next on the list of things to try. So, with your help with the kick-panel removal instructions, I went ahead and installed a new relay, but;...to no avail. The windows STILL didn't work. So, I took the van by an auto-glass installation shop (they occasionally work on window motors & stuff, too), and the guy spent a good while checking into the master power window switch, wiring harness, & other stuff, and he says he thinks it needs another master power window switch, as he could tell that it apparently had power going into it, but, not out of it; i.e., the switch isn't operating any of the window motors. So, the next step for me, seemed to be to find another master power window switch, and give THAT a try. However, try as I might, I just cannot seem to find another one anywhere, with the exact same part number, as my old one. The original master power window switch has the part number, '83590SHJ A012M1', and it's that 'A012M1', that's giving me problems, as I can't seem to find one with that part number. ..Ohh, sure, LOTS of window switches out there, on eBay and elsewhere, but not the 'A012M1', like mine, and I'm not at ALL sure if it makes any difference, if the part numbers aren't exactly the same. However, one big difference I DO see on a lot of switches that I have seen, is that lots of them have an extra, 'heated-mirrors' switch on them, and mine does NOT. ..Anyway, I was kind of leery about buying some switch with a 'similar' part number, as I'm a bit worried about having issues such as the power door locks not working, etc., so I thought maybe someone here on the OdyClub might know what I could get, as a suitable replacement for my original power window switch. Do you happen to know for sure, what would be a good substitute, for this 'A012M1' switch?

Thanks,
Charles :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts