Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving my 2005 Honda Odyssey LX yesterday, the molding (the black rubber strip that sits in gutter grooves) on the driver side roof gutter has come off. I was not able to find the part number for rubber only; instead, they sell the rubber with additional components. The whole part is called 74316-SHJ-A01 Molding Assembly, L Roof.
I plan to get the part from the dealer (they quoted $85 for the part and then $2.75 each for 4 clips) I was wondering if someone could point me to any installation tips. I searched on youtube and google, and though there are several for other models and generic ones, I was not able to find any specifically for the 2005 Odyssey LX model. From what I understand the molding design varies by model (EX vs. LX) and year. I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You can save a lot of money by buying these online from Bernardi or Majestic.
The model difference depends on whether or not you have a luggage rack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the pointer. For some reason, these online shops are showing shipping charges ranging from $134 - $178 to North Carolina.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
That's ridiculous shipping. Should be about $10-20. I ordered these exact same parts last year and paid less than $20 to ship to Cleveland.

Update: I looked at my order from Majestic. The part cost $44 and it was $9 to ship.

·
Registered
122 Posts
THAT is friggin crazy. I just looked it up at hondapartsnow.com and shipping is $92 bucks to my location.

What the heck.

I don't need the part but thought I'd compare shipping prices. I know that I can go to the dealer and pay a little more for the part but the shipping to my dealer location is FREE. (how I ordered my rear AC lines)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
So, I pretended to buy the same part and saw the same $178 shipping cost in my cart. Must be because it is a single long piece of molding (i.e., no luggage rack) which requires a very large box to ship. My Odyssey has a luggage rack which means my molding is in 3-4 segments on each side. Smaller box to ship; only cost $9 vs $178.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
AJduke
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing