Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
So I'm rather new to the forum, but have already found many very useful posts, that have helped us save some serious bucks. I've recently had issues with both automaticsliding doors opening/closing a few times before getting the dash errors. Thanks to the YouTube video by Dustin Rogers I was able to fix the right door by replacing one of the microswitches as he shows so well.(Around $20.00 bucks as opposed to the app. $750.00 per door that the dealership wanted.) I did the same to the left (driver's side) door, but when we got the latch assembly back in the door we found the door was pulling in way too hard...so hard that the door couldn't latch all the way. After the door closer motor tries to latch, it then unlatches. I've made sure nothing in the latch assembly is bound up, and even replaced the latch assembly thinking the motor was weak, but the problem still persists. I think it is due to the center roller not being aligned properly, as that has been adjusted in the past. But even after multiple adjustments (up, down, forward and back), the door still pulls in too tightly when trying to latch, and as a result, unlatches. The center door rollers still look like they have some life left (I had to replace the right door center roller a few months back), but someting doesn't seem to be aligned correctly. Any other alignment ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts