Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, our older Odysseys came stock with filament interior light bulbs that are not bright and crisp. I'd like to upgrade all my interior lights to the new generation of LED bulbs and as wondering if anyone on the forum has had success in doing it? If so, can you recommend a pre-bought package or provide a list of the needed bulbs to be replaced? Thx - bob

·
Registered
150 Posts
I replaced all dome lights with white LEDs. I don't remember but need to search where I bought them. LEDs work great. I choose white not amber/yellow as white is brighter with the same wattage. Some probably prefer yellowish which is "warm" not "cold".

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love these lights I just installed about three weeks ago. They are super bright (almost too bright)! It takes 7 to do all the interior lights. I am so glad I made the change. 4F91A861-A40E-4EA6-8E76-14C8045416AB.jpeg

·
Registered
402 Posts
There are literally thousands of choices of LED lights from eBay vendors that work flawlessly in our vehicles, for very little money. I've had a set of LED lights in our ancient Ody since a couple of weeks from new, without drama of problems of any kind. You can do the entire interior for a twenty dollar bill and have enough left over to get a Starbucks... Try it!

·
Registered
476 Posts
These are mine. U can get any set just make sure they are 31mm. These are super bright. Took the pic at nite
Looking good, enough light. For a moment I thought I was looking at my van (center console full of junk) jejej My whole car is always sharp...not sure why I can't keep with the center console...my is the same way lol. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are inexpensive ebay kits designed for the make/model/year of any vehicle. I swapped mine and not only are they much brighter, now my battery isn't dead when the kids leave them on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did this upgrade for a 2002 so the battery isn’t dead when interior lights are left on. It’s like a world of a difference, like I’m in a store. For the 2002, it’s 7 bulbs total and 3 different types (6418, 6411, 194) I would recommend NOT getting 6000k. 4000 or 5000 would be yellow white and white.

·
Registered
29 Posts
COLOR TEMPERATURE:
5000K is truly “white”.
It creates the best rendition of all colors (so CRI is high). I strongly prefer 5000K.

6000K has slightly more blue, so more like the “cool white” of most (old) office fluorescent tube bulbs.

4100K has a brownish tint, while 3000K (most auto halogen bulbs) & 2700K (old-style house bulbs) have the strong yellowish tint that is typical of incandescent (filament type) bulbs...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts