Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ODY drives fine after about 30 mins , when engine warms up, @ Idle , stop n go traffic , then the VSA , check engine (ALWAYS ON) & exclamation point in triangle comes on & engine loses 80% power & shifts rough. After turning key off & back on, clears the VSA & Xclamation lights but only temporarily. I’ve ran multiple scans and , addressed multiple codes , changed plugs , coils, all 4 O2 sensors, engine coolant temp sensor & still the same thing. However now, from determining that the VSA issue is a temp issue cuz VSA never kicks on , running on highway & AIRFLOW is Cooling engine, albeit the engine never overheated. I have lengthened the wire & RIGGED the coolant temp sensor so that the sensor is farther away from engine heat & the computer is TRICKED to thinking the engine is cool & BINGO the VSA & exclamation point never comes on , however now the engine idles hi , between 1100-1500 rpm’s & runs very rich, cuz the computer thinks engine is cold. I have no other ideas to this VSA ISSUE. Any input ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts