Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I found many threads for issue, not found solution apology if it was there.
Last weekend while driving more than 60 mph, windshield started whistling. I noticed black rubber holding windshield and roof is loose & coming out. I have sunroof & easy to climb on driver seat & look. I pulled over gas station & put tape over it. It worked fine for my 400 miles drive that day.
Called the glass repair shop & quoting $45 if re glue or $150 to put new seal. Anyone has experience to fix it.

-Mallik

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
If the seal is loose, then a repair or replace is reasonable, not sure if this is the only source for the whistle.

My 05 is finally "fixed" after the cowl was replaced. My windshield have been replaced 2x already from stone chips. The second time, the cowl was cracked and was "stretched" when taken off and reapply. I found that using the black goop that is used to glue the windshield down worked in sealing the top edge of the cowl to the windshield, this stopped the whistling until the weather got hot and the goop let go. Went back and asked the repair place and they ordered a new cowl... no more whistle.

The other place to look is the passenger side windshield molding, make sure that it is clipped in place. You can tap this along the length with your palm to put it back into place.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

Part 4 and Part 11 are the parts that you will need to get to replace the top molding and seal. List price is less than $22.00 for both parts.

4 73150-SHJ-A02 MOLDING, FR. WINDSHIELD 001 2005 ODYSSEY 15.77 11.35
11 73126-SHJ-A00 SEAL, FR. WINDSHIELD (UPPER) 001 2005 ODYSSEY 5.98 4.31

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cowl??

If the seal is loose, then a repair or replace is reasonable, not sure if this is the only source for the whistle.

My 05 is finally "fixed" after the cowl was replaced. My windshield have been replaced 2x already from stone chips. The second time, the cowl was cracked and was "stretched" when taken off and reapply. I found that using the black goop that is used to glue the windshield down worked in sealing the top edge of the cowl to the windshield, this stopped the whistling until the weather got hot and the goop let go. Went back and asked the repair place and they ordered a new cowl... no more whistle.

The other place to look is the passenger side windshield molding, make sure that it is clipped in place. You can tap this along the length with your palm to put it back into place.
Hi Chanman,
My windshield just replaced. About to take a long trip. The bottom of my windshield has a black plastic piece that runs the length of the glass. Is this the cowl? This piece appears kind of "warped" and is not completely flush against the glass for the entire length of the windshield. Like many of us, car is experiencing a lot of heat recently. Should this piece (cowl?) be flush? If so, there are two "inlets" which I guess cover bolts. Would they help in this adjustment? Your suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yes, the black part that runs the length of the windshield is the cowl. This was the part that I had just got replaced because it was warped. The whistling is "gone".

The top edge of the cowl should be flush to the windshield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts