Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H, I purchased 2005 EX from private party last month and got to know it has recall. hondarecall site says to visit nearest dealer. I visited Honda Marysville, OH and got to know I need to wait couple of more month to get it fixed.
Anyone got it fixed and whats the process to approach dealer.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had my van in for another problem and the dealer went ahead and fixed the brake recall issue. They had the parts in stock and it didn't take very long at all.

The service manager said it was a very low probability that anyone would ever have an issue and that Honda was just being extra cautious, presumably because of the Toyota debacle.

Based upon his comments, personally, I wouldn't have had any issue waiting another couple of months for the part to come in.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great Thanks..its indeed very helpful link. I registered it successfully and could see the brake recall. Thanks
Happy Holiday !

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
mchabukswar said:
H, I purchased 2005 EX from private party last month and got to know it has recall. hondarecall site says to visit nearest dealer. I visited Honda Marysville, OH and got to know I need to wait couple of more month to get it fixed.
Anyone got it fixed and whats the process to approach dealer.

I was at the dealer last Friday for a wheel dragging problem. I asked about the recall and they ordered the parts on Friday and booked me in for a repair on the master cylinder tomorrow (Tuesday). They said that the recall involves installing a seal kit in the master cylinder not replacing it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread. I couldn't find a more recent thread.

I had the recall done on my 2005 EXL. The dealer said he removed the master cylinder and did all the work on the bench and then reinstalled it.

He said that he did NOT bleed the brakes all the way to the wheels because he didn't have to. I was like :huh:. He said that they disconnect it from the VDC controller and so they only have to bleed from the brake master cylinder to the VDC.

I wasn't happy with this so they agreed to bleed the entire brake line.

Is this true? It seems like the recall should include bleeding the entire line. On all cars prior to this, anytime the brake master cylinder was removed from the vehicle, it always required a complete brake flush.

·
Registered
130 Posts
........I wasn't happy with this so they agreed to bleed the entire brake line.

Is this true? It seems like the recall should include bleeding the entire line. On all cars prior to this, anytime the brake master cylinder was removed from the vehicle, it always required a complete brake flush.
Yeah same question i have. They just did the master brake cylinder recall on my van a few days ago and can't confirm by looking at the invoice if they did flush or bleed the brake system.
One thing i noticed was that this irritating whining noise from the front when braking at low speed seems to be "temporarilly gone". Hope it become permanent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts