Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side sliding door lock actuator was recently replaced in my 2005 Odyssey. The door worked great for a few days and then all of sudden when it engaged/locked it souldn't unlock anymore. The door can only be opened manually (no power doors). If you try to lift the lock with your hand you can feel the lock fighting against you. If you lift up hard and then try to open the door the door will open but it's a pain. If you lift the lock up with one hand and then press down the unlock button on the driver's door and hold for a few seconds it seems to cancel the lock and it will stay unlocked. However, as soon as you lock the door again it stays locked until you repeat one of the the 2 described process to get the door open again. Any suggestion on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love to know the cause as well. I am having the exact same issue with our 2010. It has been acting like this for a while but it appears that this post if 5 years old and no additional info so I am guessing it was never solved.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It could also be the small dime sized plastic button on the fuel door. It attaches to the fuel door and pushes in the sliding pin that signals that the fuel door is closed. If that plastic button falls off, then when closing the fuel door, it will not push in the pin. This happened to my 2010 and was lucky enough to find it at the gas station. I don't think you can buy just that small plastic part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts