Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 van with 84,000 miles ,it seems to have a engine miss or shutter at low speeds(maintaining 20-30 mph) I have also noticed this around 40-50 mph,or even at 70 mph with cruise set (on a hill). I have looked at the tach while this is accuring and notice no fluctuation of it and if you give it more throttle it smooths out,it runs great when you drive it hard just notice this when driving it easy or maintaining a certain speed.I have looked at other web sites and some mention the rear motor mount,I have looked at it and it passes Honda's TSB test.......any ideas?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Have you checked the other two motor mounts - the side and front are probably more prone to failure (I say that because both have failed on our van, but the rear is still going strong)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked the other two motor mounts - the side and front are probably more prone to failure (I say that because both have failed on our van, but the rear is still going strong)
all mounts good,i feel like it is a drivability problem,not a vibration......someone told me the older vans had an egr issue,but i havn't seen any on the 05 and newer

·
Registered
54 Posts
If it feels like a fish-bite type sensation than you may have a coil going out. Only way to know for sure is to have the dealer or an independent shop run a diagnostic to confirm if you've got excessive misfires. If, in fact, it is a coil it's kind of weird that it wouldn't trigger a check engine light. That's what it reminds me of anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts