Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 odyssey touring

i have a used 2005 odyssey touring (80,000km) had it for a year now. and i`ve been hearing a strange sound from under my hood everytime i turn my steering wheel. you can hear it from outside too. i just got my transmission/brake fluid and oil change and tire rotation done 2 weeks ago. anyone know whats wrong with it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a used 2005 odyssey touring (80,000km) had it for a year now. and i`ve been hearing a strange sound from under my hood everytime i turn my steering wheel. you can hear it from outside too. i just got my transmission/brake fluid and oil change and tire rotation done 2 weeks ago. anyone know whats wrong with it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Need more info.

Type of sound. Moving or sitting still, turning or not, under braking or coasting, under power, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
touring problem

i really don`t know how to explain that strange sound but i know something is wrong with it because it hasnt done this before.
kinda sounds like a mini horn siren or something. you know that sound your vehicle makes when you accelerate, well its like that but worse
its everytime i slow down to make that turn when i park my vehicle.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If its a screaching type sound it could be a belt, not something in your steering.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: touring problem

n.carbonell said:
i really don`t know how to explain that strange sound but i know something is wrong with it because it hasnt done this before.
kinda sounds like a mini horn siren or something. you know that sound your vehicle makes when you accelerate, well its like that but worse
its everytime i slow down to make that turn when i park my vehicle.
does it like whine or something?

if it is, and since you're in canada, it can be your ps pump.

some bad ps pumps tend to whine in cold weather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

whats a ps pump? i think that could be the problem because it stops when i heat up the van like before i take off. this never happend in the summer time.
if thats the case then how much to get a ps pump fixed or is it DIY?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: .

n.carbonell said:
whats a ps pump? i think that could be the problem because it stops when i heat up the van like before i take off. this never happend in the summer time.
PS = power steering pump. If it's going bad it's a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: .

n.carbonell said:
you can diy it since some

people have done it before. But

You've got to have all the right tools

to do it. I remember paying around

$400 for it at my dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts