Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,While driving suddenly last weekend washer fluid stopped working. I cleaned the nozzle with tooth brush and in-vain. Checked the fluid level, its pretty full I can see the washer fluid is there.
I don't hear any sound (pump sound etc) when I operate the washer fluid.
Any thoughts to find the cause and resolution. Appreciate in advance. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
Did you check the fuses?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention I had windshield changed before this problem. Just called up windshield guy and got to know he might have forgot to connect..something. taking car to him this saturday. Will update what happens next. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
if they removed the cowl at the base of the windshield, check to see that they didn't pinch off the windshield washer fluid line (had that happen at the dealer once)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently washer fluid connector pipe not required to remove in 2005 Ody as its mounted on hood. Not sure whats the problem, afraid to take it to the dealer, always bumps with more problems and big money. When i push for washer fluid,don't hear motor sound also.
Would like to know from experts here, fuse down or motor down. I opened the fuse box,couldn't find if fuses blown..any thoughts.
Thanks and sorry for asking basic questions, i'm just started exploring things.
thanks in advance and happy holidays !

·
Registered
2005 EXL donated 243K ,2019sienna XLE AWD
1,125 Posts
how cold was the weather?
do you have washer fluid geared for winter temps . fluid may have been frozen in the tubes

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's around 30s in Colimbus OH. Other day I drove 400 miles and still it didn't work. I thought same earlier but should have melted after long drive right. I Own this vehicle last 1 month & don't know what has been put earlier. Thanks

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
common issue on our 04. Always freezes for some reason:confused:

All I can figure is crappy design

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
mchabukswar said:
Apparently washer fluid connector pipe not required to remove in 2005 Ody as its mounted on hood.
the line from the pump goes under the cowl (sort of near the passenger side hood hinge) then comes out and goes up to the hood - when we had the cowl replaced on our van (an 05 EX) they weren't paying attention and pinched the tubing, cutting off flow to the nozzles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts