Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Could be motor mounts clunking . Just a thought . Also on my 09 exl i do a 3 qt oem atf change every 3k . I drain from the 3/8 bung on transmission. And fill through dip stick tube for transmission with a turkey baster tube and other funnel. It drains 3qts and i fill with 3 qts .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I’ll have that checked out ! I was concerned could be my transmission. Also thanks for getting back to me soon after my post. Have a great day !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to two mechanics first was the guy I usually go to, he said I need to replace two motor mounts for $950 ! The second mechanic at a new shop said that they are worn but don’t need replacement. He also said that the noise most likely is a torque converter that is okay for now. There you go one guy very honest, the other not so much!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would not jump to so fast to a decision about the mounts. The active mounts are very hard to tell if bad, because they can look fine on outside, but coils and oil sack can fail on inside with no exterior indication until you get them off and look.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We had a similar symptom with our first rear engine mount replacement which resolved the issue. I cannot remember exactly, but it is like two low frequency, not loud, but you can feel in your chair thud sounds. A gear shift sound then immediately after one second, another a little louder sound that shift or shake the minivan . I remember the second thud was more pronounced and you feel it more with the minivan movement/shift/rotate.

The dealer wants to replace all mounts. Our mechanic said and only replaced the rear mount which fixed the problem for a number of years. Eventually, both front and rear failed including one transmission mount. We muzzled, replaced all five mount as a second set of replacement and seems to be working fine.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts