Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that there are a number of postings for this error. What I am trying to figure out is why the dealership charged me for what appears to be a Honda issue. They said it was diagnostics charge, but that it covered the cost of the software upgrade. Tech Service Bulletin (TSB) 10-006 dated Jan 29, 2010 seems to address this as a known issue/fix. I am out of warranty with 100K miles and 2005 model date, but should this be a No Charge? I am wondering if the TSB is for how-to-fix this or is it a recall like fix if you come across. Thoughts.....Mike

·
Registered
513 Posts
A lot of people are confused by this: You should think of TSBs are additions to the service manuals that cover problems that come up often. They do not *necessarily* provide any additional coverage or warranty. If you read the TSBs they usually say the work is covered IF the car is under warranty and may be covered by good will. Some TSBs provide an extended warranty, but that is clearly stated in them.

Also, you can't have a TSB done to your car out of the blue, you have to have the problem that the TSB fixes. Recall are different in that they are usually safety related and must be done to all relevant cars at no cost, whether they have the problem or not.

Nicolas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.