Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I tried to search this out, but I don't think my wording is correct. I have a 2005 (just bought it last fall) My issue is the 60/40 split seat will not lock in the upright seating position. It is only a problem with the wider section of the two seats. I have moved the carpet so that is not the issue, I have pushed, sat, slammed, and pushed some more, but I can still tip the seat back. It just won't lock in the upright seating position. Has this happened to anyone else? Overall I love this van after a few minor setbacks when we first bought it, everything has been a dream since, except this seat issue (and possibly my rollers on my drivers side sliding door...:frown:) . Help! WD-40 the latch?? Im not sure. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Is there any debris etc stopping the seat from seating correctly and causing a misalignment of the latch?
Check carefully as its not always obvious with all the crud kids create!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not that I can see. My van is spotless in the back seat area, the kids don't sit there. In fact I have bathroom mats on the floor in front of my daughter's seat to shake whenever it gets dirty. I have a small issue with OCD lol. My Dad did get it to latch last fall (carpet was in the way), but I have tried numerous times since and it just won't lock in place. My co-worker suggested greasing it with WD-40, maybe the springs or whatnot are sticking. Worst Case I will have to take it to the dealer. Hoping I won't have to as they love charging $$ for even the simpliest things. The previous owner was an older couple, the van was spotless and it still smells new. Thanks for the help! I will check again for any debris, but it's pretty clean. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Pull on the strap in the back of the seat and make sure it taut or even there. Mine disappeared inside the back of the seat one day and I had to pull the fabric from the back of the seat in order to find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts