Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Haven't needed to post for many years thanks to several trouble free years. I'm having a problem with a kind of "limp" mode I encounter, usually after cornering. The VSA light comes on with the ABS light and the vehicle runs quite rough as if stuck in 5th gear and can hardly accelerate. If I shutdown and restart, everything goes back to normal. I can drive several miles and its fine, but rears it's ugly head after cornering or accelerating.

I've replaced spark plugs last night, thinking it was mis-firing. This was overdue; however, the issue remains today. I've searched through many posts but have not been able to find a description that matched this condition. ANY help is appreciated. Currently have about 110,000 miles.

Thx

·
Super Moderator
13,876 Posts
How's the brake fluid? Are you low on it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brake fluid?

:huh:

My brake fluid level is fine. As I mentioned in my original post, I did use the search tool but could not find a post that matched my symptoms. I found many that talked about VSA kicking in when cornering.

My first thought was mass air flow sensor, then I was thinking VSA module? Any help is appreciated...

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
13,876 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the ABS light turns on if you're low on brake fluid. That might trigger the VSA light hence I asked if you were low on brake fluid which doesn't seem to be the case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 05 touring and noticed that if you stay in drive and are stopped just holding the brake that the VSA light would come on. We never had any problems driving though. It could be a heat problem with the sensor. Just my thoughts on the issue you're having. I'm haveing a different issue. My SRS (airbag) light is on and without taking it to the dealer and spending some ungodly amount of money. I'm hoping that some body could give me direction for it. Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
a family friend had a similar issue. She said it was like it wouldn't move.... she said even with the pedal on the floor it was just barely crawling along. once you got up to speed you were fine unless you stopped again then you had to repeat the crawl part... she took it to the dealer and by then it was fine again they said don't worry about it but this is the second time it's happened.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

Haven't needed to post for many years thanks to several trouble free years. I'm having a problem with a kind of "limp" mode I encounter, usually after cornering. The VSA light comes on with the ABS light and the vehicle runs quite rough as if stuck in 5th gear and can hardly accelerate. If I shutdown and restart, everything goes back to normal. I can drive several miles and its fine, but rears it's ugly head after cornering or accelerating.

I've replaced spark plugs last night, thinking it was mis-firing. This was overdue; however, the issue remains today. I've searched through many posts but have not been able to find a description that matched this condition. ANY help is appreciated. Currently have about 110,000 miles.

Thx
What did you find was the resolution to this?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts