Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 EX-L RES - Rear Aux Not Working **NOW FIXED**

Hi Everyone,

I've read many posts regarding the RES. Sounds like everyone just hits the AUX button and away they go. I cannot for the life of me get this working on our '06 EX-L (no navi). Its as though the AUX button on my head unit is completely dead. It does nothing.

I even tried switching to the rear controls and pressed that AUX button. Again, Nothing.

I have not yet pulled the head unit to see if something is un-plugged (highly doubt it). Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the rear inputs? Is there a harness un-plugged somewhere? My dealer is of no use - they want $75/hr shop rate to troubleshoot with no guarantee it will work.

I have tried a portable DVD player as well as several music players to no avail. I suspect there is a wire disconnected somewhere.

So any suggestions? Wiring diagrams?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, all good.

My dealer said that the head units will not switch to AUX unless some kind of source is detected.

What should the head unit show on the display when AUX is pressed AND a source is connected and playing?

Can anyone verify if they hit the AUX button with nothing connected - what does your radio display? Or does it even do anything?

Thanks!

·
Registered
755 Posts
You HAVE to connect the RCA cords first in order to engage the aux function. If you have nothing connected to it and press the aux button, nothing will happen. Connect the RCAs first. Hope it works out for you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. I definitely had the source connected and playing. I can't remember the thread but someone said the rear AUX is not part of the 14 pin bus. And in fact, I pulled the head unit and there is nothing even connected to that bus.

So is there any other places I can check? The lousy part is this is the very first time we've tried using the AUX...and its NOT covered under the extended warranty. Ugh...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
** FIXED **

Thanks to 05exlowner for posting the pic below in his thread. I thought the rear inputs were a molded part of the rear panel. Luckily, they are not. Oh, and a quick FYI on removal. There are 3 slots in the bottom of the pocket. I used some 90-degree bent needle nose pliers, stuck them in the slot, and pulled up. Panel popped out quite easily with no visible damage.

Believe it or not --- the green harness was NOT PLUGGED IN!!! :eek:

Everything is working as it should. Can't wait for my GROM audio interface to get here. Looks like it should be an easy install....

Thanks to everyone for their help! And hopefully this might help someone else someday...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts