Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are looking for another Odyssey and have found several 2006 models. But I am wondering what the difference is between the EX and the EX-L. A local dealer has an EX with Leather and Sunroof...so what would I be giving up buying this EX instead of an EX-L. Or is it possible that they just mislabeled the model?:confused:

·
Registered
606 Posts
i am a new Honda '06 owner of a EX-L, and am almost certain that the L stands for leather. You can get EX with cloth, the EX without L on the end.

I have 06 and its decent, just watch for rear motor mount issues (search on that), rear shocks leaking, alternator. The '07 has the heavier duty Ridgeline transmission, but I have not seen a lot of people complain about the '06 for trans except for shifting that is abrupt. '07 EX also has rear backup sensors I think, and tire pressure sensors, the latter of which can be a pain in my opinion.

good luck

Lots of info here. look for about 5-6 hours before buying.

·
Registered
79 Posts
maybe they dropped in Leather seats ...

If it's a EX the seats are cloth unless they put leather seats in. Check the door panels, if the are cloth, it's EX. The major difference between EX and EX-L are leather seats and sunroof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This VIN # pulls up on Car Fax as a EX but has leather seats and a sunroof. My guess is the original owner did the upgrades when he bought it. Glad I didn't just search for EX-L or I would have missed this one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe entered into Carfax wrong

ddrfaulk said:
This VIN # pulls up on Car Fax as a EX but has leather seats and a sunroof. My guess is the original owner did the upgrades when he bought it. Glad I didn't just search for EX-L or I would have missed this one.
Maybe you can check the VIN with honda. Chances are it really is a EX-L but got data entered wrong in Carfax.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: maybe they dropped in Leather seats ...

Jeff2priorier said:
If it's a EX the seats are cloth unless they put leather seats in. Check the door panels, if the are cloth, it's EX. The major difference between EX and EX-L are leather seats and sunroof.
An other major difference between them is the EX-L has the engine with VCM (Variable Cylinder Management). The EX does not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts