cars door manually but i dont know why it takes sooo much force to do so
1)-All fuses are checked
2)-no codes found
My car has ran 263,798 miles and hope someone can find a solution for this
as i already checked this car to 6 different mechanics

·
Registered
20 Posts
WOW! lots of good miles on that machine. I am about to make a video on this very issue, Mine turned out to be the gas cap door sensor had broken and was not tripping the sensor. it was a mechanical problem with the plunger that activates the sensor switch. if this is the case on yours you will get the triple beeps when trying to electrically open the door and nothing happens after that. I was able to manually open it but like you said it feels very heavy. that heaviness is normal. I will try and attach some pics to this post to give you an idea what needs repaired and how you might diagnose it. The issues is that the van thinks the gas cap door is open but it is not. Honda built it this way so people don't rip off the gas cap door with the sliding door. Like i would;-), as soon as I get the video together I will post that up too.

The sensor is behind the white plastic on the side

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but when the car knows that the gas cap is open then it also automatically locks the door and that only happens when i 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣 the gas cap from the front driver side??!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i have to reset the fuse so the door can work and then it does...but after locking the car and then again unlocking it...makes me reset the fuse again :/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, thanks. I’ve looked at all the videos I could find. I’ve checked the stoppers, all good, alignment, cables, motors, reset the doors, etc. I am really at my wit end. I tried to have the dealership diagnose it and got ripped for over $100. Any help is appreciated. I should note, that the dash display has “Check Fuel Cap” which the dealer said was a sensor. Never occurred to me that this might cause the door issue.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Have you researched the multiplex unit that controls the doors/locks?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes...all i can say is that when i reset the fuse it starts working and when i lock and open the car again it stops and displays the "sliding door" light on the dashboard. i have to reset it everytime and manually opening it...takes veryyyy lot power
If someone can help me then please tell me or i think this car is ready to go to the junkyard in a few months since it ran 264,000 miles :/

·
Registered
510 Posts
but when the car knows that the gas cap is open then it also automatically locks the door and that only happens when i 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣 the gas cap from the front driver side??!
If the part is broken it thinks the fuel door is always open. As DanDunham posted, do you get 3 beeps if you try to open the door with the remote?

·
Registered
214 Posts
If the "slide door" light is on, there is a procedure for reading the trouble code. See Post #121 in this thread: "Slide Door" idiot light is on

If the van thinks the fuel door is open, it will lock the door and re-lock it if you manually unlock it. But this probably would not set off the "Slide Door" idiot light.

My money is on the latch assembly as described in the "Slide Door" link above, but let's see what the code is.

Be careful jumping the wires so you don't blow a fuse or worse!

·
Registered
402 Posts
1. How do you reset the fuse?
2. Which fuse do you reset (#40??)

It does sound like the door motor, but your description of the problem is not very clear

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I reset the fuse in the front hood which is the option 2 big blue fuse
I just take the fuse out and after 10 seconds i put it back in without using the backup fuse and it works, even though i do the backup fuse it will take more time and same thing happens again and again still
The sliding door light on the dashboard dose not always go on and using the remote - the driver sliding door dosnt even open (the one i have the issue with)
after reseting the door it worksand when i lock and open the car the door stops working and when i open it it just continuosly beeps for 5 seconds and the gets quiet
I am just confused and i dont know what to do

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the wierd part is that before both of my sliding doors didnt work
The right sliding door had the same issue and the left one had the wire broken, so when i changed the motor set the 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 door started working and the left got the right sliding door issue again ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Again, you need to read the code when the "Slide Door" light comes on.

My bet is the rear latch assembly... symptoms are consistent with stuck microswitch...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just so you know what you call the "#40" fuse is actually the #15 fuse. It is a 40 amp fuse. I will look at this later as it is late tonight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got to know that why my sliding door light comes on..
Sometimes when i open the door, the motor runs but the door dosnt open because something is stopping it from opening, after that when this happens the sliding door light comes on, also i checked the codes using OBD2 and it displayed "no codes found"....maybe if you can tell what you think might be stopping the door from opening , i would be pleased.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Most of the side door issues are usually caused by bad rollers or an electrical issue with the rear latch module. On the drivers side, a bad fuel door switch is known to cause the side door not to open.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts