Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!! So I decided to take my odyssey to the track and run it. It was so busy I only got one run (My first ever)and I ran a 17.29 I had my windows down (hubby told me later that was bad) and my retain time sucked, because I was so worried about red lighting. So, here is the video. There will be more, as I plan on taking it to the weekday test n tunes which are FAARRR less busy.

·
Registered
632 Posts
More practice and tune then your Ody will never be late to soccer practice.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Find a sienna or chrysler and smoke them :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice - props to you for even trying that. Seems like a lot of fun. Any plans for your next run, eg. remove middle seats, install K&N, etc?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did have the middle seats out. Yeah, my husband wants to put a turbo on it now lol! I think i psyched myself out because it was so busy they said I would only get one run so my reaction time was slow. I was so scared to red light. It really hesitates from a dig though. I had the a/c and traction control off, but I think if I hold on the brakes and keep the rpms up a little higher it will take off better. I am definitely going to practice more, but I'm proud of myself. I usually just autocross my mr2 spyder, so this is a new experience. I plan on doing the intake mod with a k&n filter. Does anyone know if exhaust helps these vans out any?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Intake and exhaust may work but with extensive tuning. Honda Manufacturing of Alabama had an Odyssey raced in One Lap America.

·
Registered
511 Posts
oh yeah - for me it was always start with intake and exhaust for performance. And, I have to admit doing those equaled major fun. Now for a van, not sure what kind of gains you will get. But alas, since you seem to have caught the tuning/tinkering bug, it's going to be a fun challenge nonetheless. Enjoy and hope you post faster times with both the Ody and Mr2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts