Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try one of those $39 auto zone intakes. I used a K&N cone filter. I love the sound! I haven't had it on long enough to notice mpg differences, but the response is sooo much better now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow thats nice.... Pretty cool that a women modding her odyssey lol... I remember I had put a intake in my 94 accord back in the days..Next time when my air filter is dirty I would give that a try..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It's only natural for me to mod this vehicle. Before I had kids I had everything from modded Trans ams to pocket rockets. Now I have a 2002 Mr2 Spyder turbocharge (that has too many mods) for my track toy, My husband's Daily is a 2006 MazdaSpeed6 that has a cobb access port, intake, and lowered. My Odyssey has the Honda lip kit installed and the intake for now. When my tires wear out I will be getting wheels and springs. My husband told me if the honda odyssey that they turbocharged down in Alabama ever comes up for sale he will buy it for me :)

Here is a vid I made of my Spyder.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used to own a 97 Supra turbo 550hp pump gas for 3yrs and a modify 350z.. Modifyin cars are too much money..Me and my kids go on road trips alot n the odyssey is best for that.. I currently have the 55w HID kit which is great. N a Valentine v1.. Turbocharge odyssey sounds like a headache.. I rather put the money in a fast suv...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would never own an suv. I would rather own a large car (A6,m5) you would have the same amount of room. Working on a car isn't a headache it's our hobby. We do the work ourselves. It is more fun playing around in my van because it is unexpected. I had so many people come up and talk to me when I drag raced my van. That spyder ran 12's and they were more interested in my van lol!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Draggin' the Ody, I love it! Keep up the mods and the posts. Get that baby on the bottle with a little forced induction. Think how many jaws would hit the ground when you purge the system at the tree. That right there would be a Kodak Moment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Draggin' the Ody, I love it! Keep up the mods and the posts. Get that baby on the bottle with a little forced induction. Think how many jaws would hit the ground when you purge the system at the tree. That right there would be a Kodak Moment.
Yes!!! That's what I'm talking about :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Installed the intake over the weekend. Awesome mod but... a heck of an install! As yz007 mentioned, you have to remove the lower air box which is located in the wheel well. This involved jacking up the vehicle, removing the wheel and removing the wheel well liner to gain access to the bolts and be able to remove the air box. I also had to remove the battery to gain access to the rest of the intake piping. More involved that I anticipated but still worth the time and effort. Engine bay looks a lot cleaner and the sound is great. I ended up using a Spectre intake since my local Auto Zone did not stock the K&N filters.

With this application, you actually install the intake pipe backwards so you will need a longer hose since the hose inlet is now near the filter vs the throttle body in a traditional install.

Took about 2 hours all together as I tried everything to not have to jack the car up but finally gave in :)
photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 5.jpg photo 7.jpg photo 8.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I forgot about the longer hose, as I always have hose laying around. Looks great though!!! I didn't have to remove my inner fender liner, as that was already removed for me(not by choice) :/ I guess I should have been more thorough with the install, thanks autobot152 for picking up my slack lol! Can you feel it though? It's way more responsive, and my butt dyno says I at least have some more torque!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get about the same. I have a hard time keeping my foot off the gas, because it sounds so awesome lol. My husband around town doing his mile miser thing can average 20-22 city. I on there other hand average 17-19 city.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my wife is the same… she goes hard on the gas for no reason :)
But wow, I'll take the 20 - 22 city any time ….

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my wife is the same… she goes hard on the gas for no reason :)
But wow, I'll take the 20 - 22 city any time ….
He works at it. He shuts if off at lights, and and coasts for days (I'm in too much of a hurry for all of that) I don't really know what else he does, but I know it is slow and annoying lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh very nice install guys definitely one I'll have to do on our ody's. I'll probably use an AEM dry flow filter though. It will also free up room so I can mount the hid ballast better in that side.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh very nice install guys definitely one I'll have to do on our ody's. I'll probably use an AEM dry flow filter though. It will also free up room so I can mount the hid ballast better in that side.
hey you autocross!!! lol You should autocross your van if they will let you during fun runs. It's an experience! You should check out the vids of my old ody auto crossing on my youtube channel user name is boostedwankel :) I have auto crossed this one some, but I didn't get it on film. I'm really going to surprise them this year with the intake installed lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey you autocross!!! lol You should autocross your van if they will let you during fun runs. It's an experience! You should check out the vids of my old ody auto crossing on my youtube channel user name is boostedwankel :) I have auto crossed this one some, but I didn't get it on film. I'm really going to surprise them this year with the intake installed lol.
Oh yeah the wife and I both autox/Hpde haven't been as active since our daughters are still so young. We try to get out when we can. I only got to run 2 Hpde last year, both in borrowed cars as my teggy is still in the works. Thanks go out to my cousin and his 350z and my friend with his type R.

It would be a blast to autox the ody as they handle very well for what it is. Some H&R's with some sticky summer tires it may even be competitive. LOL

I'll definitely check out your channel! Interested to see ody fun runs.

Thanks again for posting this! I know the wife will enjoy this mod as much as I will!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts