Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. Two days ago I had a mechanical issue in the ignition that prevented the key from turning. I shot a little WD-40 into the keyhole (yes I know that was a bad idea now) hoping it would loosen something to no avail. I had a locksmith come out and repair the lock cylinder by removing the bad wafer. The vehicle started one time and after turning it off, the IMMO light is flashing and the vehicle will no longer start. Something else I noticed it that there is no beep with the key in and the drivers door open.

Thus far, I checked every fuse with a multimeter, left the negative battery cable disconnected overnight, performed a battery cable reset as per http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SN/A12010E.PDF, tried the spare OEM key, had the locksmith cut a new plain key and tried the IMMO bypass trick, and cleaned the IMMO harness with electrical contact cleaner and allowed it to dry.

What else should I try at this point and what do you guys think is the likely cause? I’m currently stuck at an Auto Zone since yesterday afternoon. I read about the “Brake Code” that dealers can provide. I don’t need to take the vehicle there to get that right? I should only need to bring my title, license and registration and they can provide it? Is there some other means of permanently bypassing the immobilizer in this situation? Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi guys. Two days ago I had a mechanical issue in the ignition that prevented the key from turning. I shot a little WD-40 into the keyhole (yes I know that was a bad idea now) hoping it would loosen something to no avail. I had a locksmith come out and repair the lock cylinder by removing the bad wafer. The vehicle started one time and after turning it off, the IMMO light is flashing and the vehicle will no longer start. Something else I noticed it that there is no beep with the key in and the drivers door open.

Thus far, I checked every fuse with a multimeter, left the negative battery cable disconnected overnight, performed a battery cable reset as per http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SN/A12010E.PDF, tried the spare OEM key, had the locksmith cut a new plain key and tried the IMMO bypass trick, and cleaned the IMMO harness with electrical contact cleaner and allowed it to dry.

What else should I try at this point and what do you guys think is the likely cause? I’m currently stuck at an Auto Zone since yesterday afternoon. I read about the “Brake Code” that dealers can provide. I don’t need to take the vehicle there to get that right? I should only need to bring my title, license and registration and they can provide it? Is there some other means of permanently bypassing the immobilizer in this situation? Thanks for any help you can provide.
The immobilizer is doing what it needs to do. It will not recognize the key because the PCM is reading as the car is being stolen or an ignition issue. I dont have much experience with getting in contact with someone from honda to get a "brake code". More than likely your computer will have to be reset and your key codes will need to be put back in or a new key will need to be cut and the new codes will need to be put into the cars system so it can recognize it. That's the only way that I've done it. I don't know any way of disabling the immobilizer.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. The dealer ship wanted to put in a new immobilizer, which makes no sense to me because it was never an issue. If anything, it’s related to what you said about the PCM thinking it’s being stolen and that would be related to the mechanical repair to the ignition. Either way, I ordered a complete ignition and PCM with two matched keys and all the lock cylinders for the vehicle for $80 shipped on eBay, which was an absolute steal. I’ll be headed to the dealer when everything comes in this week and will update the thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts