Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, after the car warms up I can distinctly smell light burning smell possibly rubber like. I'm not seeing any smoke. I jacked the car up and took a vid of a leak i noticed underneath the engine. Thoughts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
What does it look like from up top??? You can clearly see something has been running down the exhaust manifold for some time. Just based on what I see from your video, I would suspect a leaking valve cover gasket...How's you engine oil level....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar looking leak. Turned out to be the gasket around the oil filter housing. I had to remove the front wheel to find it but was super easy to change

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would guess it is the front Valve cover gasket , mine leaks from the back valve cover gasket and I get the same burning odor from oil hitting the exhaust pipe and also throws an occasional code when oil covers the Oxygen Sensor .

·
Registered
423 Posts
Most likely the front valve cover gasket. Mine is leaking too and looks almost identical. I have not yet addressed it because my valve adjustment is coming up in the next few weeks and will replace the gasket anyways. I only monitored it (no puddle under the van).
You can put some baby powder in the area to see where it is leaking from or you may use any sort of powder spray.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts