Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...All,

I need your opinion whether it's good decision to buy a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L with 135k miles on it and sell for $13k. One car owner and no accident/junk in carfax.

Do you think I will get any major problem with 135k miles on 2006 honda ody?

I sold my honda ody 1998 with 165k miles on it since I need more room for my family. I love my 98 honda ody but no chice to sell it.

Thanks all for your response.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Make sure all maintenance has been done. Even then...I think the 13k is way to much to pay. I would certainly haggle on price.

The mileage is no big deal...as long as maintenance is complete...IMHO.

biz
:hi:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check under the oil cap to see if there are any dirt. If yes, oil hadn't been changed regularly.

Listen for gear whine in 3rd gear from 45-65mph. If very loud with windows up, I would be careful.

Check for front wheel bearing noise which goes away when turning in one direction or the other.

Check the rear engine mount to make sure it's not bad as replacement runs $500 for parts.

Hi...All,

I need your opinion whether it's good decision to buy a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L with 135k miles on it and sell for $13k. One car owner and no accident/junk in carfax.

Do you think I will get any major problem with 135k miles on 2006 honda ody?

I sold my honda ody 1998 with 165k miles on it since I need more room for my family. I love my 98 honda ody but no chice to sell it.

Thanks all for your response.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just remember... the seller is selling it for a reason. What is that reason? You'll need to puzzle it out. :huh:

If (s)he's moving, kids are grown and no longer needs the vehicle, getting divorced, lost job/money problems, alright then, those are legitimate reasons to dispose of a vehicle. If (s)he even hints at some sort of mechanical problem... unless it's a very minor irritant to him/her, walk away. For $13K, you can buy a much newer, lesser-mileage vehicle. Haggle like crazy, or go elsewhere. Be cold-hearted about this. :nothappy:

I don't trust a CarFax report anymore than I trust a trite letter of recommendation. If you reeeeeeeally like this vehicle, and the price comes down a lot, then do your due-diligence yourself, get a PPI, and be sure to check it out yourself, in, out, under the vehicle. :huh:

Good luck! :DD

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bought my 06 EXL with RES for 13k with 97k on it back in March. Kinda high if you ask me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
though the used market is high right now...that is a too much $$ (imo) for 135k miles. I just bought a one owner, full maintenance record, pristine condition 06' EXL with brand new Goodyear tires and new Honda battery....for $13,500..which was about $300 back of "clean nada book". Bought it first part of july. Nearly exact units were selling for @16k at dealerships. I bought from an individual, whom I found on craigslist. Oh, the van had 93k on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought my 06 touring with 146k on it. I paid 12k, but they gave me a lot for my trade-in so out the door after trade-in I paid 8k. The only thing wrong with mine is that it's missing the dvd remote in the rear (not a big deal since my kids are to small to use it) I have already put 4k on it with no issues, but mine was a well maintained 1 owner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wondering if I should buy

I've never owned a Honda and am needing more room for picking kids up for church. There's a '06 Odyssey w/72,xxx miles and the lowest the dealership said they would go is 15,8xx. Deal or no deal? I'm seeing so many mixed reviews. Kind of like the Bug we bought. I'll never own another newer model Volkswagon. Ours was a '99. Too expensive to maintain when things start breaking. We also have a decent winter with snow and ice. Sometimes we only have one vehicle. Gas mileage? This was a one owner vehicle. Thanks for ANY advice!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 ex-l with 49k that I'm going to be selling. Haven't had it to a dealer yet but over the phone I've been given trade values that I'm amazed by. One dealer said between $15k and $16k, another said between $16k and $17k.

I can't believe where used car prices are these days...the trade value is significantly up from where it was last fall when I started thinking about selling.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mileage wouldn't scare me if it was well maintained. Get a good Pre-purchase inspection.

Set aside several hours for a complete functions check of the vehicle. There are so many features of these vans and you'll want them all to work. Then get a mechanic to go over the mechanical side.

Even with a good inspection there will probably be something that comes up in the first few thousand miles but that is the joy of owning a vehicle. Even new vehicles spend time in the shop.

Lots of maintnenece is due at around 105k. Timing belt, plugs so make sure it was done. If not account for it in price.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Bought mine at the beginning of summer so I don't know yet.

I'm hoping that the heavy front wheel drive with traction control will be good enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts