Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a 2006 Odyseey touring. It’s got 260000km on it. Everything seemed good till we were on the highway and the. When you are trying to accelerate at about 95 Km an hour it starts to shake. As soon you take your foot off the gas it stops. Had the transmission flushed at a transmission place and it’s the same. They didn’t change any filters. Is it a transmission problem or something else.

·
Registered
13,499 Posts
A 2005 Touring would have VCM right? Once you get the engine mounts settled, Muzzle so the cylinders no long shut down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should add there no lights on and we’ve driven enough now they should have popped up even if they’d been cleared.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Could be all sorts of things, but I agree with the recommendation that you should muzzle your VCM. The muzzler device costs about $100 and is easy to install. VCM causes misfires, excessive oil consumption, damaged piston rings, and failure of engine mounts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A shaking on acceleration that stops when you let off the gas sounds like axles, inner CV joints specifically -- you can probably see grease flung out from the inner boots. "It Happened to Me!"

A momentary shake or two might be mounts, but if it's a continuous shaking that gets worse with more gas and goes away on coasting, my bet is axles.

The cheap new axles from Advance Auto worked OK for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could be all sorts of things, but I agree with the recommendation that you should muzzle your VCM. The muzzler device costs about $100 and is easy to install. VCM causes misfires, excessive oil consumption, damaged piston rings, and failure of engine mounts.
Hi, I am new here, can you share where to buy a Muzzler?
I would like to have one on my 2007 Ex-L

Thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
There are several different types of Muzzler devices and several on-line places to buy them. Try a google search.

Here's one:

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are several different types of Muzzler devices and several on-line places to buy them. Try a google search.

Here's one:

Thank you, bought a VCM Tuner II and its on the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
saai
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing