Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks. I'm trying to help my sister with a problem with her 06 Odyssey a/c system (she doesn't know what trim level it is, but there is no LX or any other marker on the outside of the van). She's got what appears to be a pretty common problem with the front fan not working. The rear fan is working, but it's not blowing cold air even though the a/c compressor is engaging when the a/c is turned on.

I've done some searching on here and in other places and she has taken it to a local mechanic and talked to the dealership, though no diagnostics have officially been done. From what we're told this is supposed to be a problem with the blower motor resistor/transistor. However, I'm a little unsure because of a couple of questions that remain unanswered. I don't quite understand why the rear a/c wouldn't be blowing cool air, just because the front fan isn't operating unless they're running off of the same condenser and it needs the front fan to get the air back to the rear fan. Secondly, I've read a number of postings that indicate that if the resistor is bad that the fan should still operate on high because the resistor is bypassed on high. I understand that perhaps that's something that could have changed from one year to the next, but I'd just like to address these burning questions before we go drop a wad of cash on a new resistor.

Thanks in advance for any info you might be able to provide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact problem. I can't seem to find the correct part number for my 06 at Autozone? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the exact problem. I can't seem to find the correct part number for my 06 at Autozone? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I found the part on ebay for about $40 less than the dealership. HONDA ODYSSEY FRONT BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR TRANSISTOR | eBay

Look at the plug side of the picture and you can see the part #. Found out that our problem is that transistor and that the compressor wasn't actually enfagi4because of it. I'd you can do some soldering the part to repair it is about. 45 cents. There are some other threads in here with info about that too.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EXL RES
48 Posts
I am having the same issue as reprsented in this thread and could use advice. I bought a new Power Transistor, a Santeck MT1825 listed as being the correct replacement part for the car. I tried the new part and had no luck. I wonder if there are different transistors for different models of vans (EX, EX-L, LX, etc.). I have a 2006 EX-L van.

I had replaced the lights in the control unit and, later in the week, the Blower Motor and AC stopped working. I pulled the blower motor and applied power from the battery. That checked out. I tested the 40A fuse (#21) and that checked out. I tested the old and new power transistor, across pins 3 & 4, and they checked out. Used a multimeter for the electrical tests.

I hooked up the old power transistor and blower motor and turned the van on (with the blower motor out of the HVAC. I could see the motor tried to start for a moment then stopped.

Let me know if you have any ideas. I am stumped at this point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts