Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is an old thread on DVD scratches, but I thought I would post to see if anyone has any recent suggestions. The OEM DVD player in our 06 Odyssey has been scratching DVD's for several years. We have HondaCare and I finally took it in to the dealer two months ago. They sent the DVD player off for warranty service and it finally came back today. Turns out they could find nothing wrong and so I'll have to pay $75 since there were no warranty issues.

I'm just curious if others have had similar problems. If so, was there a simple explanation? I'm not sure whether it's time to just give up on this DVD player...it's hard to explain to your 3 year old that the van ruined his favorite movie again. :)

Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
13,704 Posts
I am thinking you need a new dealer. If the player is scratching DVDs, its scratching DVDs. If I were you I would NOT pay the dealer a dime. Take your van back, show him the brand new disk it scratched and ask for a refund of your $75 and also money back to purchase another copy of the DVD that got scratched.

PS. Moved your thread to the dedicated audio/video forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts