Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a green/gray 2006 odyssey touring with 113,000 miles on it from a honda dealer. All the service records are on carfax and are up to date. It is listed on the internet for $14,998. I was hoping to get it for $13k out the door. Am I thinking realistically? or should I keep looking for something that is listed for cheaper. This is the first car my wife and I will be buying so I'm new to the whole negotiating thing.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Realistic?

The worst they can say is "no."

Although a good documented service history is a big plus, 13 grand for high miles certainly can't be considered a great bargain so just be prepared to walk.

·
Registered
48 Posts
True, all they can say is no. Though I just bought a similar vehicle for around that price.
I felt comfortable because it was a single owner that had all records since new. They had done all dealer work including the 105k tune up along with engine mounts.
A lot of guys here will say to stay away or look for something better but I say that you will know what your options are, just do your homework and look around before buying this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a dealer and auction prices for Touring models with that mileage range from $10k to $13k right now. As with any used car, miles, condition, and service history are crucial. One thing that will make it more difficult to sell is the fact that it will be hard to get a loan on one with that much mileage. That will take a high percentage of the buyers out of the market for it. I don't know what your taxes and fees are in your area, but here a $13k OTD price would be the equivalent of about $11800. I would say you're close on your number, but a lot will depend on how they acquired it (trade, auction), if they had to spend much on it to prep it for the lot, and how long they've had it. Hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot. I'm on a strict budget because were are paying cash. I found a white exl that I can get for 13500 otd with 115000 but all services were done at the dealership. I spoke to a service guy and he said he has about 29 pages worth of service. I might just go with that but I really wanted to get the features of the touring, particularly the lifegate and the memory seats because I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'4", but with my price range I cant get everything. I'll let you guys know what we end up doing this weekend.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would stay away from anything with more than 60K miles. Given your budget, you probably can't get into an Odyssey for that. The high mileage units are likely to nibble away at your wallet month over month. If you can do repair and maintenance work yourself, go for it. Otherwise, I'd find a different line of vehicle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up buying a grey 07 ex with 88K miles with great service history. My wife and I decided to go with more needs than wants. Less miles=less toys. I think we got a good deal. Sticker price was $14,600, internet price was $13,600, ended up paying $12,600 plus tax and all the other fees. I am very happy with my purchase and I can't wait to start adding stuff to it. It's kind of funny because I was that guy who swore I would never drive a van and now I love it lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts