Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m working on my daughter’s 2006 Odyssey Touring edition. The passenger door won’t open with the switch. Does nothing. Read through the postings and performed the fuse reset and both doors will work with the switch’s. But after it sits the passenger side stops working. The drivers side works fine. I also get the message on the dash to check right sliding door but doesn’t show red line that it is open. Have done this a couple times and it does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,010 Posts
Very likely an issue with the rear latch in the doors. Try pulling the code that is causing the Slide Door light. There's a connector you can jump to get these codes. Watch this video, the guy shows how to do it early in the video. He appears to be having a very similar issue:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very likely an issue with the rear latch in the doors. Try pulling the code that is causing the Slide Door light. There's a connector you can jump to get these codes. Watch this video, the guy shows how to do it early in the video. He appears to be having a very similar issue:
Thanks for the reply. I will try that and post if that takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,010 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I will try that and post if that takes care of the problem.
Simply reading the codes will not solve the problem. It will get you on the right track though. If you tell us what codes you get, we can likely help you figure out the exact problem. I suspect it's the rear latch, which would be fixed by replacing the rear latch (or reconditioning your existing one if you're into that stuff), but you never know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Simply reading the codes will not solve the problem. It will get you on the right track though. If you tell us what codes you get, we can likely help you figure out the exact problem. I suspect it's the rear latch, which would be fixed by replacing the rear latch (or reconditioning your existing one if you're into that stuff), but you never know.
Thanks. That’s the first thing I will do then post them. I appreciate the help as it is my daughter’s and she is a single mother of 4 so I am trying to save her the money.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
This is a very common issue. A new latch costs about $200.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I’m working on my daughter’s 2006 Odyssey Touring edition. The passenger door won’t open with the switch. Does nothing. Read through the postings and performed the fuse reset and both doors will work with the switch’s. But after it sits the passenger side stops working. The drivers side works fine. I also get the message on the dash to check right sliding door but doesn’t show red line that it is open. Have done this a couple times and it does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.
I have an 07' Touring. I replaced my latch last year with OEM and it was working fine until now. Back to the same issue again. Door won't open or close. Almost like it's dead. I'm back to it draining my power again. Don't get it.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have an 07' Touring. I replaced my latch last year with OEM and it was working fine until now. Back to the same issue again. Door won't open or close. Almost like it's dead. I'm back to it draining my power again. Don't get it.

When did you get it? OEM parts come with 1 yr warranty which SHOULD be honored by any dealers if you bought it from a dealer (bernardi or others with valid honda dealership part receipt).
IF you got "OEM" part from ebay, who knows where the part came from. It could simply reconditioned one which is about to fail.

·
Registered
513 Posts
When did you get it? OEM parts come with 1 yr warranty which SHOULD be honored by any dealers if you bought it from a dealer (bernardi or others with valid honda dealership part receipt).
IF you got "OEM" part from ebay, who knows where the part came from. It could simply reconditioned one which is about to fail.
I believe I got it from Hondapartsnow.com. I have to look to make sure. I should still have the receipt.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I believe I got it from Hondapartsnow.com. I have to look to make sure. I should still have the receipt.

So, that's Majestic I think. A Honda dealership in Rhode Island. So if it's been within a year it should be covered under Honda warranty and you can take it to any Honda dealer for a free replacement.

It is surprising that it would fail so quick.

Edit: Majestic = Hondaautomotiveparts.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. That’s the first thing I will do then post them. I appreciate the help as it is my daughter’s and she is a single mother of 4 so I am trying to save her the money.
I pulled the codes this morning. B2088, same as in the video. I ordered a micro switch and will test the old one and install the new one. Going to wait until I get the new one though. Thanks for everybody’s help and will post after it is done.

·
Registered
513 Posts
So, that's Majestic I think. A Honda dealership in Rhode Island. So if it's been within a year it should be covered under Honda warranty and you can take it to any Honda dealer for a free replacement.

It is surprising that it would fail so quick.

Edit: Majestic = Hondaautomotiveparts.com
Looks like I bought it in October 20th of 2020 so I'm covered. Emailing warranty department for a replacement. I live down the street from a honda dealership so if anything else fails I will take it there. When I ordered it, it says it came from Madison, Wisconsin.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks like I bought it in October 20th of 2020 so I'm covered. Emailing warranty department for a replacement. I live down the street from a honda dealership so if anything else fails I will take it there. When I ordered it, it says it came from Madison, Wisconsin.

Maybe when you pull it, check if there were any water intrusion which may have caused the part to get seized. Do you still have the black part right above the 3 bolts in the back which is "supposed to" block water from getting into the latch? Just wondering.

Good luck and hopefully your warranty claim goes smoothly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts