Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the right factory part number is for 2006 Ody DVD player for the RES. I've seen, 39110-SHJ-A81, 39540-SHJ-A010-M1. It's apparently made by MATSU****A (basically Panasonic). Anyone know where the parts can be sourced ? Are there Aftermarket players that will work with existing RES system ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The piece of junk that came out of my 05 has a SN of 3911A-SHJ-A800. I sent it out for repair to have a new loading drive installed and that ended up as a $200 failure! These DVD heads go bad all the time with ejecting problems. The cheapest I could find a new one was about $550 discounted from a astronomical $700 plus. And $400 for a used one. I ended up putting an acessesory drawer where the DVD "used to be, pulled the RES off the ceiling and am now waiting to recieve this unit in the mail any day.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-12-Flip-Down-Overhead-Car-LCD-Monitor-DVD-Player-/250676153331?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0
I would have preferred to keep the RES stock, but way too many people have had this DVD player go bad. There are no after market DVD players that will plug n play in Honda's stock plugs that I could find. So, it looks like my kids will have to get used to a 12" screen instead of the 7.5" stocker....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone should copy the DVD board and build replicas

Man, someone could duplicate the DVD control board and mass produce the DVD player as replacements... DVD players like that are Soooo... cheap. They could build for 10 bucks and do a mail order business and sell for $100 a unit to replace all the DVD systems honda used in their vehicles for so many years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your absolutely right, If a guy knew how to copy that honda interface into a basic DVD player, he would be swamped with work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, We are in the same boat. Just purchased an 02 with a stripped gear and a cracked gear on the dvd player after taking apart. I have found a used one at a local junkyard for $150 (30 day warr) but very interested in the one you found on ebay. Can you tell me about the installation both removing the old and installing physically as well as electrically? Thanks for your time with this - Bill

02 Silver EXL
fog lights
cargo tray
dvd player?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts