Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While opening the driver side sliding door the cable broke and jammed the roller mechanism. I was able to cut and remove the cable and I can manually open and close the door. Problem is I get a "Check Passenger Sliding Door" info message even though the door is closed. I assume the broken/missing cable is causing the message. Until I can replace the cable is there any way I can clear the message since the door is properly latched.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes, I believe you can. My door cables broke this month as well. Both doors within 5 days of each other! No kidding. I also cut my cables so I could still use the doors and I had the check door message that persisted. I had to remove my battery for other maintenance that I was doing under the hood (transmission oil filter change) and when I put the battery back in, my door message was gone.

I also read on another post that you can remove the sliding door fuse for about 30 seconds to clear the message. I didn't try that one.

I'm getting ready to post a write up on replacing the cables. I finished my passenger side last night.

Reactions: kaimanson

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll try pulling the fuse first and if that does not work I'll disconnect the battery cable. Look forward to your post on replacing the cable.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
He already posted his cable replacement info.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My post regarding the replacement of my sliding door cables is at the end of the thread posted above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts