Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our '11 this weekend. I decided I'd do a blog and highlight the differences between our two Ody's. I know I would have found a comparison by someone who has owned one of each useful before we bought, so I figured I could help others.

I plan on doing side-by-side comparisons where I can and answering any questions.

I'll probably start with the navi/sound system tomorrow, but I'm taking requests.

http://odylove.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
786 Posts
Does the "cheapeness" in materials bother you at all? And I guess you don't care how many armrests the second row has since you don't even use it. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cntrtwnltd said:
Does the "cheapeness" in materials bother you at all? And I guess you don't care how many armrests the second row has since you don't even use it. :D
I'll definitely compare the interiors and materials.
Nope, we don't use the 2nd or 3rd row, but right now we have both of the Odys with full interiors so I will do some comparing before we gut the new one. :)

·
Banned
728 Posts
Cntrtwnltd said:
What cheapness. Check out the dash on the new Sienna. I think the '11 Odyssey has a great interior layout and materials quality compared to what I have seen.

·
Registered
516 Posts
fyi, on the pictures of the window stickers the VIN number appears on the bottom again if you wanted to black those out too... :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eneka1 said:
fyi, on the pictures of the window stickers the VIN number appears on the bottom again if you wanted to black those out too... :)
Thanks. I'm sure it doesn't even matter (the VIN) but figured it couldn't hurt to just cover it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Shazzam said:
What cheapness. Check out the dash on the new Sienna. I think the '11 Odyssey has a great interior layout and materials quality compared to what I have seen.
Depends on where you look. The 11 odyssey door trim is very cheap. The inside door handle is cheap and small plastic. The other thing is that is full of cheap plastic too. Used to be leather on the door trim. Those are gone.

But i do agree, sienna's front dash plastic is junk compare to Odyssey. But both van interior material is just not as good as old ones.

·
Registered
513 Posts
krispykreme said:
Depends on where you look. The 11 odyssey door trim is very cheap. The inside door handle is cheap and small plastic. The other thing is that is full of cheap plastic too. Used to be leather on the door trim. Those are gone.
The trim on the door of our 2007 EX-L is vinyl, not leather. Not sure it is the same on Tourings.

Nicolas

·
Registered
810 Posts
I dident think the 06 Ody was ever rated at 20/28 mpg? how did your window sticker get that?

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
First of all, I don't think the Sienna has real high grade materials either, you can throw the Town & Country into the fire also for that matter. (Although I hear Chrysler claims to have significantly upgraded for 2011, but we shall see). But when I went and saw the thing it looked like, as another poster put it, they got higher mileage by lightening the load of higher grade materials. The sunroof shade is feels like styrofoam with a felt covering. To sum up other posters comments, I remember seeing the words, cardboard, styrofoam, rubbermaid and a few others. Also take a look at the power door button area, talk about looking for the quickest and cheapest way of throwing them in. The rear climate panel can't even be read without straining forward. And I could go on and on. Oh and the one I was in, already had the coin door broken. And enough people have already talked about the leather.....

·
Registered
786 Posts
Also, good first write up, but FYI the non pax Tourings had the spare in the same empty space you have in your Touring and all other models always have theirs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Definitely want to see a drag race between the two. Video please.

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bryan11 said:
Definitely want to see a drag race between the two. Video please.
LOL, that can probably be arranged, if you are serious. I cannot let any of my old drag racing friends ever hear about this. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cntrtwnltd said:
Also, good first write up, but FYI the non pax Tourings had the spare in the same empty space you have in your Touring and all other models always have theirs.

Ah, okay. For some reason I thought they had the spare in the back. I think we will end up relocating the spare on the '11.

·
Registered
516 Posts
does the 2011 ody happen to have brake overide now?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts