Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on this forum. I searched to see if I could find an earlier post but no luck.

My issue is the upper glove box on the 2006 will not always close/latch. It doesn't stay in the locked position. It opens but then won't close. I've played with the latch mechanism and it seems that it is stuck open and will not grab the metal loop at the top of the glove box keeping it closed. I have had this happen twice and the only way to close it was to try multiple times and then rap the front of the door while in the closed position. It finally freed up the mechanism and then it latched.

Like I said, i can find no other posts for fixing the internal latch mechanism. It seem like it is stuck and could use a shot of WD40 or something like that to free up the movement. I haven't spent much time playing with it so I don't know how to break down the door to access the latching mechanism.

If anyone has had a similar problem or knows of a post showing how to fix, I would be greatly appreciative. Also, if there are any parts diagrams that show the glove box door in detail, that could be a big help. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When i have that problem. My upper glove box usually has an item hitting the door as its closing and that stops the latch from locking properly. The surprising thing is the upper glove box is not that full. If yours is empty and doing this then you must have a different issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts