Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Seeing how much aluminum came out, there is no thread left to install a new bolt. Helicoil time. Pick or thread file will clean the bolt.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So, I am about to soon replace engine mounts, but still have some questions.
As I have S-VCM installed, vcm system does not come on at all, so it is safe to use non vcm engine mounts.
I know all part numbers for parts needed to make the conversion.

Question is can anyone confirm that after replacing front engine mount, to original Honda one that has vacuum line connected, do you have noticed more engine vibrations?
VCM cars dont have vacuum type of mount control, but I have suspicion that vacuum valve is doing the same thing as the built in one in the mount with connector.

The price difference is ridiculous, almost for price of one active mount, it is possible to "downgrade" to passive original Honda engine mounts.
Which should be able to do the same job, last as long, keep original comfort.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
So, I am about to soon replace engine mounts, but still have some questions.
As I have S-VCM installed, vcm system does not come on at all, so it is safe to use non vcm engine mounts.
I know all part numbers for parts needed to make the conversion.

Question is can anyone confirm that after replacing front engine mount, to original Honda one that has vacuum line connected, do you have noticed more engine vibrations?
VCM cars dont have vacuum type of mount control, but I have suspicion that vacuum valve is doing the same thing as the built in one in the mount with connector.

The price difference is ridiculous, almost for price of one active mount, it is possible to "downgrade" to passive original Honda engine mounts.
Which should be able to do the same job, last as long, keep original comfort.
You're safe running non-vcm mounts
No extra vibrations. I didn't even bother to cap off the mount's vacuum port. I removed the front wire harness and zip tied the rear harness away. Cover the open end connectors with tape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of the highest torque impacts out there from what I have read seems to be the Harbor Freight Earthquake. I bought 2 impact wrenches last year trying to bust loose the crankshaft bolt on my odyssey after 250,000 miles. Neither one worked. I learned how much difference in torque the different brands have. The EarthQuake XT would have probably busted it loose with 1190 ft. lbs. of bolt breakaway torque and is priced much cheaper than the brand name impacts. I broke 2 breakover bars on that bolt. If I had known at the time what to get and look for in an impact it would have saved me alot of heartache.
250,000 for first timing belt change?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts