Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a set of 2007 Acura TL 17 inch 10 spoke wheels that I want to put on my Ody (see attached picture). Of course, I will match the tire size to the originals but I think the offset is different (45 mm for the Acura wheels but around 60 mm for the Ody wheels). Any special considerations when fitting these? The van has been lowered 1.5 inches via a set of H&R springs.

While we are here; my trans fluid was only a bit low since I changed out the fluid last year. The trans shifted okay but when I recently noticed it was low, I topped it off with some Lucas Trans slip additive. I drove it after doing this and noticed that the trans shifted much better and even seemed to accelerate more quickly! Does this sound about right? Just adding a bit more so it was spot on the dip stick and it shift so much better? When I did flush the trans last year, I also used the Lucas stuff (followed the instructions).

Thanks!
Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's been 15 days with no response. Anyone put these on a Gen II Ody? I put one (with Acura TL size tire) on the rear of the van and it seemed to fit okay. Guess I am more concerned with the fronts at this point especially with the correct Plus One tire size. Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Throw them on man !!! It's going to be a trial and error deal. Just make sure you have the correct tire setup and I think you will be good. I am planning on dropping my odyssey hopefully next year but I am for sure going to have my fenders rolled just incase

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Throw them on man !!! It's going to be a trial and error deal. Just make sure you have the correct tire setup and I think you will be good. I am planning on dropping my odyssey hopefully next year but I am for sure going to have my fenders rolled just incase
Thank you! I did install H&R springs lowering it by around 1.5 inches but was not aware at the time that doing this causes a bit of steering wheel shimmy at around 30-40 mph. Mine is not to bad but noticeable. Some have said that the springs need to be installed with the print on the springs right side up while others have said the print should be upside down... idk. Mine are right side up with the print on the springs. Then I found out about coil overs for the van! Haven't done it yet though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts