Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, I asked if anyone had any good aftermarket headunit installations for the 2005-2010 Odyssey. I got a lot of views, but no pictures. I have an 07 LX and installed a JVC KW-HDR81BT into dash. I considered purchasing a single din unit, but I didnt like look of dash kits available.

Here is what I bought from Crutchfield:
JVC KW-HDR81BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Compared to the stock stereo in the LX, this added these features:
  • Bluetooth Calling and Streaming
  • HD Radio (I cant believe how good that sounds)
  • RDS
  • I-pod/Iphone compatability
  • Pandora Support (I subscribe, so I cared)
IMG_8380.jpg IMG_8382.jpg

To support the Bluetooth Calling function, I ran the mic up the drivers a-pillar and placed it near the rearview mirror. This is pretty well hidden, but I didnt take a picture yet.

One thing to note... There is a power antenna connection that you need to use to get good reception in this odyssey. You need to connect the blue/white wire from the head unit to the one that goes to the antenna adapter, otherwise you dont get good reception.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lx doesn't have steering wheel controls, so no. The receiver has wiring to allow for it though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks great! I also want to upgrade the headunit but I have RES and would lose functionality if I ditched the oem headunit. Enjoy the upgrade.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I was a manufacturer, Id move all that RES stuff towards having a standard interface, so buyers could make a change if they wanted to. It also seems like it would reduce their costs both initially and when they had to do some sort of warranty work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks good! Mine looks similar but I got a touchscreen unit that has NAV (my main motivation for upgrading). An added bonus is that I can watch movies (through the DVD player or iPod) on the head unit or via an external screen (should I ever choose to get one).

The only drag is all the dead space around the head unit. Limits max screen size to 6" - 7".

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Compared to my Accord, its a pleasure. I hate how that dash leaves almost no option to make a change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts