Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, after various searches my husband and I are stumped.

I have a 2007 EX-L oddssey who's battery died. No problem bought a new one(needed it anyways)

The factory alarm won't stop going off only when the car is running. Also with some enginueity we're still able to drive it as well.

We've pulled various fuses to see if it was the hood latch(alarm continues even when hood latch is disabled). Tried the back hatch latch(not it) Pulled some door switches(uncertain we got all of them)

The only thing it could be is either a short ignition switch(since it's tied in with the factory alarm system) OR replacing all the door switches.

Car is still drivable, but currently won't lock(obviously and not a major issue) and when driving the lights keep flashing.

Also worth a mention that the drivers side left passenger door stopped opening after a couple months of the infamous slide door light on the dash. Like legit can't even manually open it.

The battery terminal is clean and in good condition.

We're a mechanically inclined couple(just did a tear down to replace head gaskets AND refurbish cylinder heads as well as a ton of other maintenance this van had been neglected on) so come at us with anything technical.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
FWIW, I had random alarm going off. I ended up jumpering the hood latch switch connector (with a small piece of wire) to fool the alarm system to think that the hood is open all the time, thus preventing the alarm system from activating. This stopped the alarm from going off. I've been driving this way all winter waiitng for warmer weather to try to fix it in a better manner. I think it's a faulty (wet) driver's door latch module. Separate from this, I was also getting a door ajar indicator on the dash and the driver's door would randomly unlock, so I ended up replacing all 4 door switches (very inexpensive and easy to do), which has stopped that issue. (I probably only needed to replace the drivers door switch, but I decided to do them all.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Tomorrow we're going to mess around with all the door switch censors to see if it helps. We're in FL so there's a very real chance for something to have gotten wet.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Good luck. Again, if you just need near term, easy relief from the alarm going off, jumpering the hood switch connector is an easy thing to do.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Also worth a mention that the drivers side left passenger door stopped opening after a couple months of the infamous slide door light on the dash. Like legit can't even manually open it.
The driver's sliding door locks when you open the fuel filler door. Sometimes the latch/switch breaks. There are threads on how to do this. Legit- to prevent the door from accidentally ripping the fuel door off! o_O
There's also a thread with a video on how to pull the door codes when the sliding door light is on. Plenty of info (like jumper the hood switch to silence the alarm) if you search the site.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy smokes, for real!? I can honestly say we did not think of that. Then again given the complex problems we've had I think we now tend to think of that first haha. I will def do some deeper digging for the other info and test out that theory tomorrow. I did not know you could pull slide door codes but you learn something new every day hehe.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!! Gas cap was messing with the alarm. We messed around with the gas cap connections to get the sliding door open, messed around with the unlock a couple of times and now the alarm alarm is gone!

You guys are awesome! Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Glad to hear that a potentially complicated problem was relatively easy to fix!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts