Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2007 EX model 2nd row seat back issues: Stuck down

16K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  T_Duck 
#1 ·
All,

My kids pushed the chair side lock release and then push down on it so hard, so that the seat back is flat against the seat bottom and now I can't raise it. Any idea on what I need to do to make it work?

TIA!

#4 ·
Fish hook Wire Electronic device

This is the broken cable. However, the local parts department can't tell me what the part number is. All help is deeply appreciated.

#16 ·
#17 ·
If it's the cable for the walk in latch to move the seat forward, the part number is in that video above...
81363-SHJ-A01
Cable, Walk-In

If it's the cable in the seat back from the walk in latch to release the seat back, it's
81323-SHJ-A01
Cable, Middle Seat Walk-In
Its the one shown in this video: . The video shows how the guy repaired the end, but i need to replace the whole cable, since 1/2 the internal cable is missing in mine. When you rotate the handle its causes the seat to collapse forward.

#9 · (Edited)
If you're talking about the walk-in latch that slides the captain's chairs forward to allow access to the 3rd row, then I made a video about how to get at those parts. I didn't replace the entire cable though since I didn't like the design of the OEM part. I ended up fixing it other ways, which you'll see. But even if you decide to buy the part and replace it, the video should help.

#10 ·
I simply replaced the seat. I still have the seat. May attempt to repair it one of these days.

#11 ·
For our 2006, the seat is apart and we do not see any loose or broken cables that we could repair in the lower seat section on the side listed in the above video (it is still apart). We used a screwdriver and got the seat in the upright position but it is not safe for someone to sit in-lean on it and the back moves and we are careful or it will get stuck down again. The problem seems to be the upper walk in lever now has no tension but when it barely worked last, the round section (I don't know the name) that the above walk in cable attaches to seems to hardly move. Our guess is that there is a broken cable in the inside the seat back. Has anyone run across this or have any ideas of how to get in there? If it is a cable like the one in the video above, it would be an easy fix for us. The seats are leather and look new so we sure would like to fix it. This 2006 is under 40,000 miles and runs great!

#13 ·
We have this apart as much as we can and it is looking likely that it can't be fixed. The hinge malfunctions also. We have a 2006 Odyssey EXL with the 2nd row bucket seats (grey leather). The passenger side is broken. What other years are compatible with this seat? If we could only get a driver's side seat, would it fit properly (knowing that some of the levers would be on the wrong side)?

#12 ·
I bought my 2007 with 40k and now have 206 000 on it. Been a great car. Still a daily driver for us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.