Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You figure when the negative connector does not fit in the "supposed negative" battery terminal would be a dead give-away. Nope. Maybe the spark or the whirring noise when the positive connector was connected? That may do it.

Realized my mistake and reconnected the battery to the correct terminal. By then the damage was done.

No power to the car at all. It turns out that the Multi block fuse (passenger side fuse box under the hood) was blown. A shade tree mechanic hanging out at the local Autozone was able to trouble shoot the fuse with his multimeter.

This part (listed below) is a dealer only. Cost $8 I consider myself very lucky that some very expensive electrical part didn't need replacing.

Fuse a, MULTI block (120A/70A).
Stock Code 38231-SFY-003

After getting the fuse replaced, I noticed the RES not working. The DVD would play and you could hear sound out of the speakers but nothing from the rear display.

A google search recommended checking the 3 batteries in the removable remote. A multimeter showed 1 of the batteries needed replacing. Cost $6.

Still no picture to the RES. Searched for the fuse location and finally found it in the owners manual. RES fuse is located under the hood above the main fuse box toward the firewall. Saw that the 7.5 amp fuse was blown. Replaced it with a spare and now have picture.

Don't be a dumb ass like me. Double check the polarity before installing your battery! If you are a dumb ass like me, make sure it is a weekday morning so you can get to your local Honda or Acura dealer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ouch.....what was the number f bombs dropped when you realized what you had done?? :)

Glad there was a fuse built in!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Glad the damage was limited to your ego and a $20 bill. Remember, you can either be a shining beacon, or a horrible example. Teach your children well! :DD

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
You aren't the first. There are several previous threads on the subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts