Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on a road trip and I noticed I was getting hot up front - so I tried to increase the blower speed but nothing more than a small trickle of air would come out the front even on high speed. I could hear the blower definitely blowing - just no air was coming out of the vents.

I stopped the car and searched and found this thread:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/9-pro...2006-odyssey-front-ac-blower-not-blowing.html

And figured that this must be what my issue was - (thermal cutout thing not working) but then when I started the car the blowers in the front came on full blast.

After another couple of hours of driving - I noticed again no air blowing out of the front vents (after a while of driving, the air cut off normally because it got to the desired temperature up front) I again tried cranking up the blower speed, dropping the temp to "Lo" - etc - but nothing would make the air come out.

After stopping for dinner and getting back in - when I start it up the car blows air out the front vents.

It seems that maybe whatever closes and opens the airflow to the front vents is acting up - and it must automatically open itself somehow when the car is powered off (but not when the climate control system is just powered off - as I tried doing that when driving to see if it would reset it)

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot / fix this?

It's an '07 touring and I'm taking it across the country at the end of this week - so having functional climate control that doesn't cut out after a few hours of driving will be important.

The rear blower works fine, so maybe I should just plug a fan into the inverter in the back and have it blow cold air up to the front while I'm driving around ;)

·
Registered
613 Posts
They may have possibly changed the thermal cut out to a component that automatically resets... as you have guessed its impossible to get fan working once it blows, but mine did work on and off before it finally quit alltogether. So I'd order a set of those and possibly take it apart and acquaint yourself with the part. In a pinch you can just jumper the thing and not use the cutout.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts