Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opened my glove box and it appears the damper that prevents the glove box from opening too quickly has come aloose. I can't for the life of me tell where it's suppose to attach so I don't really know if it's broken or just needs to be reattached. Photo attached. Any suggestions appreciated. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Look for a mounting point in the inside side wall. Eather a screw fell out or a pin broke. just stretch the damper out and swing in it should show you the mounting point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhh yeah.... You can't just stretch it out and find the mounting point. It has to be attached at the firewall first then attached to the inside of the glove box.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My glove box damper broke when the car was just outside the warranty. The broken part rattled around a door pocket for a year then I threw it out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Opened my glove box and it appears the damper that prevents the glove box from opening too quickly has come aloose. I can't for the life of me tell where it's suppose to attach so I don't really know if it's broken or just needs to be reattached. Photo attached. Any suggestions appreciated. thanks
It just needs to be reattached; the screw fell out and was probably in the glovebox. I just did mine last week. Take the dampler off the glove box so it is easier to reattached up behind the dash. It is REALLY tight but, but if you reach far up behind the dash, there will be a metal bracket with a screw hole toward the end. I needed a very shallow 90 degree philips screw driver because there is very little room between the components behind the dash the screw head once you thread it manually. I have done it twice on my '08 and finally added Loctite because it was such a PITA. Don't bother trying with it still attached to the glovebox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts