Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Was hoping to get some advice. I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey which until recently had ice cold ac. A week or so ago was the last time it blew anything other than warm air, and even then it only blew cold air off and on.
I was hoping it was just a recharge so I bought a can with the gauge and hooked it up and it shows the pressure in the red. But also the condenser will only come on for a second before clicking off. I was able to toggle the on off switch to make it turn on over and over but it won’t stay on.
Any DIY advice would be fantastic, as I can’t really afford to take it into a shop and this Florida heat will be bad very soon.
Thank you very much for your time and advice.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hello all,
Was hoping to get some advice. I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey which until recently had ice cold ac. A week or so ago was the last time it blew anything other than warm air, and even then it only blew cold air off and on.
I was hoping it was just a recharge so I bought a can with the gauge and hooked it up and it shows the pressure in the red. But also the condenser will only come on for a second before clicking off. I was able to toggle the on off switch to make it turn on over and over but it won’t stay on.
Any DIY advice would be fantastic, as I can’t really afford to take it into a shop and this Florida heat will be bad very soon.
I am actually going to evac/ recharge my own a/c system this summer. They have kits online to recharge and get all the moisture out and pull a vaccum to see if their is any leaks. If your system is still partially full than you will need to take it to a dealer to do an evac. Their is a kit on amazon for under $120 and some under $100. DuPont have R-134 freon in packs or separately or you can go to Walmart or any auto parts stores. Best prices I found were on Amazon, Walmart and a few places online. I would also get a scale to see how much you are putting in. You cant overcharge it!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello all,
Have you tried to set the temp all the way down to LO and turned the fan high? I also have '07 and sometime it just blows hot air until the do that. The AC is nor working well on my car but also the air mixer. It makes noise and I need to replace that one too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts