Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/EM/HH0707/HH0707Content.pdf

Here is what is required to be able to access the Honda/Acura links:

1. Open this Honda eStore link: http://estore.honda.com/accesssory-installation-instructions/display-installation-instructions.asp?make=honda&year=2008&model=Odyssey&modelname=Odyssey

2. Open any Honda/Acura link

Note: The Honda eStore link allows access to the Honda/Acura links for ~ 1 day, otherwise you will then get an error message. If you get an error message, just follow the steps again to regain access.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thank you! I used your method successfully on two other of your document links, but it is not working to get this one. Anyone else having problems?

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
I just tried and this works perfectly. I am on IE 8 if that helps.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks, that did it! I use Firefox and by using the "Switch Rendering Engine" tab menu item, I was able to finally access the PDF. Oops, that only gave me page 1 of the PDF. Going to go to IE.

·
Registered
348 Posts
IE9 didn't work for me either. Still just getting page 1 of the pdf. (10 minute edit time limit expired or I would have added this to the above post.)

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Yes. That is why its the link and not a PDF document hosted on my server. The page 1 has clickable links to other sections of the manual. Try clicking on the index which is page 1.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The links point to my computer, either where Page 1 temporarily resides, or my Documents folder if I save it. The documents that the links point to don't exist. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's some notes from a newbee... I've tried many times in the past to access the docs and until today, I never could.

1. I used THIS link. (the one on this topic, which goes to a list of accessories)
2. I clicked through *two* links until I got to a PDF.
3. I then clicked the page for the desired manual.
4. It needs to open *IN* your browser, probably with only adobe reader.
5. Each page is it's own PDF and there are click-able links to other PDFs.

It did *NOT* work with Chrome or FireFox, only IE. I normally use an external PDF viewer and never use IE, so that probably had the default settings (to open in the browser and use adobe rather than Foxit Reader)

Hope this helps someone else.

Robert

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone

I would appreciate if some one know private mechanic in Woodstock GA 30188

Thank you in Advance

Bipin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Everyone

I would appreciate if some one know private mechanic in Woodstock GA 30188

Thank you in Advance

Bipin
Try Hond-a Techs. They are in Duluth, GA but they have very good reviews at kudzu.com. It's pretty far from where you lived, but worth to try them.

I just had timing belt replacements with them and transmission service with 36/36000 warranty. I will let you know if I ran into any issues, but their prices definitely beat any Honda dealerships in the area.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Try Hond-a Techs. They are in Duluth, GA but they have very good reviews at kudzu.com. It's pretty far from where you lived, but worth to try them.

I just had timing belt replacements with them and transmission service with 36/36000 warranty. I will let you know if I ran into any issues, but their prices definitely beat any Honda dealerships in the area.
Good recommendation, perhaps a year and a half late for BIPIN, but better late than never

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone recently gotten this to work? I can get the content page to display, however none of the sub pages will open when clicked on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was unable to access the 2007 version. The 2008 one work fine for me. I even tried just editing the URL for the later but no luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was unable to access the 2007 version. The 2008 one work fine for me. I even tried just editing the URL for the later but no luck.
I just tried it and it works fine. I am using Internet Explorer 11 with Windows 7. What are you using to access it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found that I was able to gain access to the table of contents pdf, however, the pdf seems to be a "linked" version, but for whatever reason (maybe Mac?) it would not work for me.

I would like to post the links here, but the board says I dont have enough posts to do it :(

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I've been able to make these work lately by using Internet Explorer and then opening that eStore link first, then opening the manual I want to view. The links work but I find I have to click on the refresh arrows on the left side of the page to be able to zoom in and out to see the whole page. It's clunky but it works.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
22 Participants
Maria Linda
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing