Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That carbon air filter was also replaced and yes it was pretty nasty.

usually when I buy a used car I usually replace spark plugs coil packs stuff like that

Carbon air filter was the really was only thing that I replaced. Everything else was in pretty good condition aluminum front end car was only on owned by one other person

·
Registered
982 Posts
usually when I buy a used car I usually replace spark plugs coil packs stuff like that
I wouldn't replace the coil packs unless you get a failure. Then I just replace the bad one with another OEM. Don't replace with off brand parts house coils!
Spark plugs replace with OEM recommended plugs. And avoid eBay/Amazon where fakes are often a problem with bargain priced NKG plugs!

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Another thing you can do is remove the drive belt momentarily and see if it acts up. Don't drive it for long, you'll kill the battery.

No codes? Does anything light up on the dash? What is the voltage when the van is running?

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
That carbon air filter was also replaced and yes it was pretty nasty.

Carbon air filter was the really was only thing that I replaced. Everything else was in pretty good condition aluminum front end car was only on owned by one other person
What exactly did you change and what did you replace them with

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What exactly did you change and what did you replace them with
I didn’t need to replace the coil packs or spark plugs because they were practically brand new but I did have a misfire that ended up being in cylinder 6 That plug was replaced with a ngk I.R plug I made sure the part number match the one that was bad.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I didn’t need to replace the coil packs or spark plugs because they were practically brand new but I did have a misfire that ended up being in cylinder 6 That plug was replaced with a ngk I.R plug I made sure the part number match the one that was bad.
As long as the parts were replaced with OEM. Aftermarket ignition parts are not good.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts