Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my vehicle in to get checked out. Found out I needed a few things.

Power steering pump/pressure hose is leaking
Oil pan is leaking /gasket
Rear passenger caliper is sticking
Battery voltage is low need new battery

Any recommended brands on rock auto?

Need an alignment because van is pulling to the left so needed some more information on the toe bolts on where to find them?

Some items are added to my cart on rock auto.

I drive a lot and don’t want to be stranded so want to get this figured out soon and all replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rear toe is adjusted with eccentric/cam bolts where the lower control arms join the subframe. Unfortunately, if you live in the Rust Belt, the bolts may be seized and not want to turn. Getting them loose is often destructive to the control arm bushings, requiring new control arms. So unless the toe is so far off spec that the van is handling poorly, it may be best to just rotate the tires a little more frequently.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Both the steering pump and hose is leaking? Think it is one or the other here and they did not diagnose it properly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both the steering pump and hose is leaking? Think it is one or the other here and they did not diagnose it properly.
They Said it was the power steering pump it self leaking. didn’t ask why the pressure hose maybe a seal?

·
Registered
9,054 Posts
maybe a seal?
Yes, it could be leaking at the o-ring where the line mates with the pump. It would be easy to misdiagnose the pump, especially if there's a lot of fluid leaking out.

The line itself usually leaks at the crimp where the rubber section is joined to the metal part.

First step to an accurate diagnosis is to clean up the area, then monitor it regularly for the first sign of the leaking fluid.

Reactions: zxzADRIANzxz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts